Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The lack of style on the tele


So everyone knows that I love reality shows and one of my favorite shows it the Real Housewives series...not a specific one but all of them (Orange County, New York City, and Atlanta) with my all time favorite being Atlanta because I sooooo love Ne Ne. For those who don't know the show comes one Bravo every Tuesday at 10 o'clock and it is one hour long. This is the best reality show I have ever watched but like all reality shows there is a little phoniness, like on the Atlanta series Kim was theeeee fakest because she sat there and talked about Sheree one episode and then the next episode they were best friends telling each other how beautiful the other was. The current series is Orange County which was the original of the whole show, there is only two of the original housewives left and they are Vicki and Jeana, both are great independent women with strong careers but like everyone else they do have issues.

Here is where my issue arises with this show and many other reality shows...more so the ones that feature celebrities and those who claim to have money...they look sooooooo cheap. Like on the the episode of Real Housewives that came on last night, Tamara had her little like confession and during her confession she had on a kelly green shirt that was sleeveless and had ruffles around the neckline and it was silk and extra shiny so home girl looked like a head of lettuce...it was awful. The episode from last week the new housewife Lynne let her daughters wear some of her dresses to dinner and they all looked like they came from RAVE and her daughter had the nerve to cry when her boyfriend said she looked like a stripper. I mean me personally I would want my 15 year old daughter to look her age and she can't possibly look her age if she is wearing the things that I wear to go out with my friends...that is unless I dress like I am 15 which I definitely don't so that would be a no go for me. People think that because they have money that they are allowed to wear whatever they like and dress however they like which is extremely false...if us normal people have to be judged when we decide to wear random articles of clothing then damn it they have to be judged as well. It's not only when they are out on their own time that these people look janky (something of inferior quality) but it is also when they go to events, dinner parties, and gallery openings. For example on the Real Housewives of Atlanta Lisa Hartwell was at a launch party for her jewelery I believe and your girl had on a satin green and white dress with black tights and black knee high Christian Louboutin's...no comment necessary. Another episode Lisa wore those same boots (I think they were her favorite) with a suit to show a house (she was a real estate agent) to Jazze Pha, I don't think knee high boots are ever considered appropriate when doing business unless you are a stripper or hooker..the fact that they are Louboutins grants her a slice of class but not much. They are still knee high boots.

Some one else who style absolutely irks my nerves is Mariah Carey...why is she like 40 or so dressing like a teenager. Those belly shirts with the tight jeans and the sandals is so played out...I have probably seen her in something that makes her look even remotely close to her age probably once which is definitely not good. Okay so when I said teenager that was definitely an under statement she dresses like a total pre teen which once again she is not...while she is sitting around paying people to organize her huge dumb closet filled with extra small Hello Kitty tee shirts she should pay somebody to buy her some Tahari dresses or Carolina Herra blouses so she can look like an adult. She is just too childish for my taste and awfully tacky...sucks to be her but then again it may be cool because you could find a semi cute little black boy some ten years years younger than you (Nick Cannon) and get matching tattoos. Personally not my style but hey whatever.

1 comment:

jacqueline said...

this is a great article and needs to be published for all to read.I wear size 11 shoes and so i understand!I love shoes and have designed hundreds of shoes!We deserve a better a selection of feet accessories!Not all of us can afford Manolos!Try to sell this article to the magazines!