Monday, March 02, 2009

Harlem Heights



So BET has finally decided to up their game with a new TV show called Harlem Heights, it premiered tonight after their "Rip the Runway" show. I think the idea of the show was decent and it definitely has my attention but I think that if there are going to have reality shows then they should be real. For example the subjects of this show are not realistic...there is no one that I know within my age range that has not been affected by the recession and granted that the show was filmed back in September it was not post recession. Reality shows are supposed to be shows that people can relate to and right now this show is entertaining but nothing that I could relate to. All of these characters have been to college and have outstanding jobs, their own places, and a steady cash flow. Me and those alike we have been to college, I have no job but others do and owning houses and renting apartments and being able to splurge whenever we feel the need is just not possible or realistic. The next show they create should be real and I mean like real real. These people are faux upper class calling themselves socialites and etc, I believe they only got the show because one of the girls used to date Kanye which is uber tacky. BET please spare me the disappointment next time.

No comments: